Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 18/365: Barren.

You will have to forgive me once again, faithful readers, but I'm using a picture I took last winter as today's picture. My mind was too closely adhering to today's theme, and was therefor barren of any ideas. How so I draw a concept like barren when most of my drawings look like this:

 Or this?:

Not exactly a drawing style that lends itself well to a minimalistic concept like "barren".

No matter. It's my blog, I make my own rules, and my rules say that I can use pictures I've already taken, if they relate to that particular day's theme. Which today's picture does. This is today's picture.

As I said, I took it last winter. It was on a really foggy day, and the world just looked like it ended where the lake should be.

This is really the closest thing to "barren" I've done, really, except for maybe this picture:

Except I'd call this minimalistic. Moreso than the image I get when I think "barren". Whatever. Maybe I'm just weird.

Today just didn't go as I planned. I was thinking of trying to make a drawing, but I just felt lethargic and crappy all day. Mother Nature decided to stop by  with my gift a tad early, so that didn't help.
Plus I had a ton of laundry and dishes to do. And, I had to squeeze in some exercise. I'm trying to get myself back into bike riding shape, so I'm riding our exercise bike, gradually increasing my time by five minutes. I started like, three days ago. First day I did 10 I think. Next, I did 15. Yesterday, I walked to the library and thusly didn't ride the exercise bike. Today I rode it for 20 minutes. If I get a chance to next week, I'll keep it to 20 minutes the first day, and then start tacking on five minutes each day.

I say if I get a chance, because Spring Break is next week. My mom (who works as a teacher/librarian at a HS) and my brother (at college) have the same Spring Break. So we're basically going to spend it at home. My brother and I spoke of having a nerd fest game day where we play games like Star Wars monopoly and Star Wars trivial pursuit. Although, it's been ages since I've seen the movies, or read any of the Star Wars books. And I get a fair amount of this trivial SW knowledge from them. Timothy Zahn=WIN. Big nerdy authory WIN. And as far as SW Trivial Pursuit goes, my brother and I are the only ones in this house who can play that game and actually have any idea what we're talking about.

My parents have both seen all the movies, but they never got as fanatic about it as my brother and I did. Plus...  I'm pretty sure the first time my mom or dad owned a VCR was when they got married. So, they didn't really have a chance to watch these movies over and over again. 

Okay, ramble over. Tomorrow's theme is Beautiful, and thankfully it's a pretty vague theme, so I should probably be able to actually produce a drawing for you. Instead of taking the easier way out and taking a picture. Or using a previously taken picture. I'm off to throw together my food journal blog. Which I don't normally say, because that's the one I usually update first. 
Anyhoo, stay tuned for tomorrow's entry. Not that anybody reads this at all. XD Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment