Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 25/365: Blind.

Today, I took artistic license with the word "blind" and used a lyric from Blackbird by the Beatles. I had an epic drawing planned out, which you still might see, reworked to fit another theme on the list.

This week, I've been kind of distracted artwise, and I apologize for that. My brother is home from college only until Sunday afternoon, since this is his spring break. While it's true that there is only about a month after that until he's home for the entire summer, I still haven't wanted to be in my corner, knelt over a huge, intricate drawing.

Next week, when he goes back to college, I'll have more energy to devote to drawing or new photography.
I enjoy keeping this blog and all, but I think what I'm learning is that my drawings are not meant to be churned out every day. I mean, when I look at how frequently I drew before (which wasn't a whole lot. I might have produced two or three really good drawings in a month) and then I look at this project, which calls for a new piece every day? There's no way I could have them all be drawings.

I am going to continue to draw for this blog, but I don't want to feel like I'm letting you all down if I post a picture or a collage, or something.

Anyway, now that I'm through rambling, we can get on with today's picture.

It's a little collage of Paul McCartney. The background picture is one I took, in our house, of a window. Yes, we have both blinds and curtains on them.

I haven't done a collage of that nature for a while. Usually I don't screw with the opacity anymore, which makes them look clearer, but they're a lot harder to make. I thought I'd pay homage to the type of collages I used to make all the time.

I'm trying not to be all OCD about this. I keep thinking there is an edge of a picture I forgot to erase, but really, it's just the shadows of the blinds in the background picture. LOL

Anyway, I've got to throw together an entry for my food journal, so I'll catch you all later. I'm not telling you what tomorrow's theme is so you can be surprised. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment