Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 38/365: Candlelight.

I'm really sorry, guys. Today was a busy day for me and I just didn't have the brainpower for a new picture. And... the only decent candle picture of mine I could find was this:

It was taken in 2007 I believe, and I was more than likely drunk at the time.

In order to attempt to make it up to you, I'm going to post two random pictures. I promise tomorrow's piece will be new, I just... today was kind of a crummy day and I just felt tired and groggy all day. 

At about 1pm I walked uptown. I needed to be fingerprinted so I can send in my AmeriCorps application.
I walked to the police station in the morning to get that done. It was going to cost 20 bucks. They told me it'd be a ten minute wait. During that time, I watched the policeman that was going to do the prints standing there doing abso-fucking-lutely nothing for probably ten minutes or more. Then, we finally go back to do the fingerprints, and we're just about to start when the 911 phone rings, so he had to leave.

I know that an emergency is more important than my prints, but... It pissed me off that I sat there and physically watched the policeman do jack SHIT for 10+ minutes. We could have had my prints done and I could have been out of there, but no.

So I walked to the store, bought two cans of soda, and then went home. Did some chores and such, even made cocoa shortbread squares. Then, about 4, I walked back to the station to see if they had time for me.
Not only was the policeman "busy", the stupid receptionist chick told me it was 25 bucks. Uh. Hold on. Both the policeman AND the receptionist chicks that were working in the morning told me it was 20, now I have this stupid bimbo telling me 25? What the fuck.

That made me angry for a number of reasons. Firstly, I was already mad at myself for waiting so long to ask my parents for the money, because I really hate asking them for money. Then I was stressing about not getting the app in the mail in time... Ugh.

I trudged back home just in time for mom to ask me to go to Mason with her. So I did. We went to Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart. 

My feet are killing me. My back also hurts something awful. Which is great, because tomorrow, I not only have to walk to the station to get prints, I have to walk the couple miles to the only UPS drop box in the whole goddam town, and then I have to walk all the way home. 
I'm still worrying a great deal about this shit. It's days like this that I think I must have some sort of anxiety disorder. I worry about fucking everything.

But enough of my bitching and on with the pictures.

This is an old shot. Taken while driving, back when I still had my license. I hesitate to use any pictures I took while driving, because they make me start to freak out and cry. I really hate myself for being stupid enough to get my license taken away, and when I think about just how fucking long it'll be before I can afford to get my license again... It just gets to me. But it's a nice picture anyway.


And now, an old picture of me, from before I had bangs, and before I dyed my hair back to brown. It's things like this that make me really miss dyeing my hair. And not having bangs.

I mean, I love the bangs I have now, but... there's something I miss about my hair in this picture. I probably won't be dyeing my hair for a while (can't afford it, plus I'm sure it wasn't doing wonders for my hair), but... I do want to tease my hair up and slather on the 80s makeup to take another shot of this nature. I just hope it comes out this well. I was shooting blindly for this one. Just kinda sat in my bedroom doorway, holding my Rio LP and just kinda snapped the picture. XD I have a blue light blocking curtain in my doorway now, so maybe that will help... Whatever. 

So, there you have it. I'm really sorry about not having something new for you today, but I WILL put up something brand spanking new tomorrow. I promise you that.

Anyway, I'm off to quickly throw together my food journal entry for today, so I'll talk to you tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment