Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 17/365: Bargains.

Hello, and welcome to today's blog entry.

Today was an okay day, I guess. It was snowing when I woke up, though. That I could have done without. I was going thinking of going to the library, but decided not to in the morning. I thought it was going to be snowy and crappy out all day, so I thought I wasn't going to go.

Mom hasn't been feeling well. She's got a cold, runny nose, sore throat, all that fun stuff. If you didn't know, she teaches freshman English at the HS part time, and works in the library the rest of the day. She came home after her classes, so she was home around noon. Dad was off at a doctor's appointment and picking up medications, so he was still not home.

I decided to go to the library at 1 or so, after seeing that it wasn't too cold out.
Although. I made the mistake of wearing my combat boots, that each have a small hole in the bottom. And it was all slushy out. I'm letting the boots dry, then I'm taping up the insides of those fuckers with duct tape. I can't afford new combat boots, so I'm going to keep wearing this pair until they literally disintegrate off my feet. XD

I walked to the library to pick up the dvd of Red, which I had put on hold for me. I also checked out Spirited Away, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I am 24 years old and regularly watch animated movies. I don't care what the fuck you think of that. :)

Anyway, I am kind of rambling, so let's get on with today's picture.

I took a picture of my who mug because of the song of theirs called "Bargain", if you were wondering.

As with most of the things I post here, unless you have an LCD flatstreen in which everything appears lighter than it does on a normal computer screen, this is going to look a teensy bit darker than I intended.

This isn't perhaps the best picture ever, but I do like it. I had originally intended to make a sort of price tag and tie it to the handle of the mug, but that didn't work. I had also intended to take the picture in broad daylight, but didn't get a chance to.

Tomorrow's theme is "barren", and I honestly don't have the slightest idea what I'm going to do with that. Most of my drawings are anything but barren; full of weird patterns and acid trippy colors and whatnot. Although I suppose I could do another picture like this one:

That could count as barren, I suppose.

I don't know. I don't often go for the minimalistic look in my art. It's usually not my scene, really, but I could churn something out for this blog. I suppose that's part of the reason I'm doing this project, actually. To perhaps be driven to make some art and take some pictures that I might never have thought to do on my own.

Well kids, I'm off to ingest some caffeine to ensure I can stay awake for my show at 9 (Off the Map). It's seriously a great show. Although you may not get everything if you haven't been watching from the beginning, it's still a really good show that I think you'll enjoy.

Anyway, stay tuned for tomorrow's entry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment